Position: Paraprofessional /Educational Assistant
Servicing Manchester City Schools
The Paraprofessional provides services as an employee of PESG serving the Manchester City Schools. Paraprofessionals are specifically limited to performing non-instructional work – assisting and helping with classroom management and parent activities on small group work in class.
Essential Job Functions (note this is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position):
- Work with students on lessons determined by the teacher
- Work with individual students or small groups to reinforce activities which have been assigned by the teacher, including listening to students read.
- Assist the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on understanding of individual students, their needs, interests and abilities.
- Help students’ master equipment or instructional materials assigned by the teacher using the Learning Platform.
- Distribute and collect workbooks, papers and other materials for instruction.
- Guide independent study, enrichment work and remedial work set up and assigned by the teacher.
- Assist with such large group activities as drill work, reading and story.
- Help to maintain a positive classroom environment.
- Assist with monitoring the halls between class exchanges.
- Communicate regularly with teacher.
- Represent the District and PESG in a professional manner by performing all job functions at a satisfactory or above level.
- Interact with co-workers, administration, students, parents, and the community in positive, supportive, and cooperative ways.
- Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested, consistent with reasonable expectations for the contracted position.
- High School diploma or GED certificate required.
- Must complete the required Global Compliance Network online training modules.
- Demonstrated record of good attendance and punctuality.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication.
- Must meet criminal history background requirements (requires FBI Fingerprint and PSOR clearance).
- Ability to lift / carry up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to sit / stand / walk for extended periods of time
- Continuously required to talk and hear
- Occasional bending / squatting / reaching / kneeling / twisting
Work Year, Hours & Compensation:
Non-exempt, $60.00 per day
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons in hiring, promotion, transfer, discharge, pay, benefits and all other aspects of employment, without regard to age, height, weight, pregnancy, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by state and federal laws.