Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511
The Director of Sports Information will be responsible for promoting, publicizing, and celebrating the accomplishments of Beloit College’s students and coaches for all 19 varsity sports. This position energizes the college’s athletic program by loudly and persuasively broadcasting the successes and stories of its teams, people, and activities, to audiences on and off campus. Using Beloit College’s branding elements and working in unison with our enrollment plan, this person will collaborate with our Enrollment Office to help meet our enrollment goals. The Director oversees all record keeping and sharing activities, produces all print and online material in support of the teams and their recruitment efforts, and generally serves as the program’s most vocal champion in the press and on campus.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and produce all athletic stories, press releases, photos, video, and publications for the athletic department’s website, local media, and print needs.
- Collaborate with members of the Communications and Marketing Office to promote the College’s brand and help achieve the marketing and communication goals of the College. Work as liaison between the Department of Athletics and the Communications and Marketing office.
- Pursue approaches that support the College in meeting its enrollment goals, with particular emphasis on student-athlete recruitment.
- Maintain and update the athletic department website.
- Coordinate all digital video streaming, sharing, and archiving.
- Responsible to create and execute an appropriate social media strategy to promote Beloit athletics and the activities of the entire department.
- Be an active and thoughtful member of the Beloit College community; 8. Use the Athletic Department’s sports information work as a platform for advancing the College’s efforts to become an anti-racist institution.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with the city of Beloit community.
- Gather, maintain, and post NCAA and MWC required statistics.
- Manage media and all Sports Information aspects for all home competitions such as statistics, scoreboard operations, sound systems, and live streaming responsibilities. 1
- Hire, manage, and mentor students who will work in the SID office. Construct and facilitate learning, reflection, and self-assessment opportunities for students who are interested in Sports Information and Sports Marketing as they engage in the office’s duties and develop their professional skills.
- Develop, communicate, and enforce media policies and best practices for teams, coaches, and athletics department personnel.
- Practice responsible fiscal management.
- Provide routine photography, assign and oversee outside photographers, and maintain athletic photo files.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Sports information experience, particularly at the intercollegiate level.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, desktop publishing, web site design and maintenance, social media tools, statistical scoring software packages (e.g. PResto Sports and NCAA live stats), and digital video technologies.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link provided below.
Begin Your Application
Job Type: Full-time