ROLE AND RELATIONSHIP
LOCATION(S): ALL COMPANY RESTAURANTS & BARS
REPORTS TO: OWNERSHIP
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a director-level roll overseeing all operations of a successful restaurant organization with a minimum of 2 concepts and a combined minimum revenue of $15MM/yr+ revenue in a major US restaurant market.
- Possess a combined 10+ years’ experience in the restaurant industry (at all levels).
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and write English at an advanced level, Spanish language aptitude is a plus o Experience working in a seafood restaurant is a plus.
- Advanced understanding and use of all Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator a plus.
- A track record of professional success, career growth, and people development.
- Comfortable making challenging and/or uncomfortable decisions.
- Skilled in conducting effective meetings and maintaining communication lines between all departments and levels of leadership.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- A critical thinker who is proficient in problem analysis and solving.
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry and ability to positively influence the workplace with an upbeat and inspirational attitude is a must.
- Well-versed on current dining trends and key players in market as well as other major markets through the US.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business management or hospitality a plus.
- Additional, non-operational, experience within the hospitality industry a plus.
- Demonstrate “Inward and Outward Hospitality” by using inward and outward hospitality to serve our team, our guests, and our community and as a member of the Submarine Hospitality team and demonstrating this trait at all times and knowing that you are always in service to others. You show yourself hospitality by showing up to work clear, healthy, and refreshed and you take care of your personal health and wellbeing because one cannot care for others if we don’t first care for ourselves.
- Contribute to the “Culture of Respect” by treating others with respect at all times, speaking in a manner that is respectful of others’ personhood, acknowledging everyone’s agency over their time, energy, labor, and physical space, and an active participant in building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive of people from all backgrounds and encourage your teammates to show up as their full selves.
- Act with authenticity by showing up as your full self, contributing the wealth of knowledge, experience, ideas, and creativity that you have developed throughout your lifetime to our team, sharing your perspective with the intent of making the team stronger, celebrating our successes and you speaking up when things go wrong.
- Hold yourself accountable to your commitments and you help to hold others accountable to theirs.
- Be solution-oriented as a necessary tool for our fast-paced environments which requires quick- thinking and the ability to manage many things at once. When problems arise, you identify the problem and offer thoughtful, achievable, and appropriate solutions.
- Seek to continually push yourself by constantly learning, improving, and growing as a member of this team. Set goals for yourself and your career and you are able to receive feedback—both positive and constructive criticism—and you seek out and take advantage of educational and training opportunities in order to succeed, grow, and develop those goals.
- Act an ambassador of Submarine Hospitality in and out of the restaurant. Recognize that you are part of a community and as such, you behave in a way that is representative of that community and its values when you’re outside of it. Bring the culture of respect with you out into the world and you consistently demonstrate inward and outward hospitality even when you’re not at work. You lead by example, and you share our values and mission with others.
- Oversee all F&B operations for Submarine Hospitality.
- Generate an annual budget for corporate and store-level operations.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of businesses to ensure smooth progress and elevated guest experiences.
- Ensure that guest experience and product quality consistently meet brand standards.
- Ensure that the company culture and core values are properly represented at all locations at all times.
- Diligently work to improve food cost, labor cost, and operating expenses by systemically reviewing processes and implementing cost control measures without compromising the quality of product or efficiency or production.
- Build a highly systemized operational foundation to prepare the concepts for fast and healthy growth.
- Develop and maintain a written set of operating standards to ensure best practices within all locations.
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business policies, procedures, and systems according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Manage vendors, agreements, and procurement processes to ensure all product and tools are always competitively priced, fully available and of the highest quality.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and metrics.
- Ensure that the company operates within assigned local, county, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Lead the hiring process of all senior management.
- Hold General Managers and Chefs accountable for the overall success and results of restaurants and other businesses.
- Establish, train, and share financial targets, metrics, and analysis of revenue and expenses and conduct weekly financial review meetings with each GM to identify notable variances or trends with a plan to address any anomalies or deficiencies.
- Oversee adherence to all restaurant onboarding, training, and staff development materials and processes for the purpose of developing and maintaining a happy, knowledgeable, and committed workforce throughout the entire company.
- Collaborate with the corporate team to ensure a healthy and fluid use of resources and communications.
- Understand and adhere to the company’s policy & procedures as defined in the employee policy handbook.
A minimum of 5, 10-hour, shifts per work week.
- Competitive annual salary paid in accordance with company pay cycles.
- Bonus/Profit Sharing (details included in offer letter).
- Full health insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Cell phone allowance for one phone line, up to $100/month
- Competitive Dining Allowance, up to $500/month.
- Annual PTO of 2 weeks for the first year (as defined in the employee policy handbook.
- Additional benefits as outlined in your onboarding.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Job Description | Director of Operations | Submarine Hospitality | 072122
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 – $175,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, OR 97214: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Leadership: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location