Let’s do great things, together.
Founded in Oregon in 1955, ODS, now Moda, is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Moda values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
Moda Health is seeking several people to fill our open Dental Claims Support roles. The Dental Claims Support role provides backup to support leads including training of staff. Investigates complex file reviews and processes complex claims adjustments and Coordination of Benefits (COB) claims, including phone calls, overpayment recoveries, stop pays, and void checks. Responsible for sorting, assigning and working various reports such as building member accumulators, giving deductible credits, adjusting claims to correct various provider updates.
Candidates would be required to either be vaccinated or get tested weekly.
Candidates would work from home at least 3 days a week and come into the office, for a few hours, at least 2 days a week.
Required Skills, Experience & Education:
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong reading, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle the most complex support functions accurately and timely.
- Ability to back up on all Claim Support functions as well as accept additional responsibilities while still maintaining current work load.
- Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities
- Analytical, problem solving, organizational, and detail orientation skills.
- Accurately track money received (refunds) and post to correct member, provider & group accounts.
- Reviews Files and analyzes results and organizes multiple adjustments and/or accumulator updates as needed.
- Accurately track and request appropriate funds to be reissued to members & providers.
- Ability to maintain balanced performance, which meets expectations in areas of production and quality.
- Meet or exceed company attendance standards.
- Understands and follows compliance rules to process claims including requesting refunds, and issuing additional benefits, for Medicare, Oregon Health Plan, commercial group and individual plans.
- Documents thoroughly as required by internal procedure and market conduct guidelines in a clear and concise manner and analyzes and interprets existing file notes and documentation.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Delta Dental contractual and administrative policies affecting claims. Able to interpret requests from members, providers, and other internal departments to ensure the request is within contractual and administrative guidelines.
- Communicates by telephone with members, providers, and other insurance carriers.
- Sends custody, primary payment, refund request, and other form letters in timely manner.
- Performs basic and complex adjustments on previously processed claims using Facets claims and CS tasks, Content Manager workbaskets, NEA Fast-Attach, emails and reports.
- Investigates and processes COB claims in a timely manner and updates information as required.
- Reviews User Procedure Manuals (UPMs) for process instructions to ensure accurate and efficient claims processing as well as providing suggestions for potential process improvements.
- Identify and refer trends in the system and procedures and recommend improvements to increase efficiency and reduce errors.
- Performs detailed claims files review to determine over/underpayments and provides back up to claims processing and training units when needed.
- Responds to and follows up with Customer Service tasks/issues.
- Monitor logs with manually tracked offsets for ASO prepay claims.
- Assist with gathering data as requested for group audits.
- Ability to perform a high level review of clinical chart notes for relevancy.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including department reports and projects.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Please see above.