DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST I
Join a growing, visionary company pioneering an emerging health-care movement, empowering people to make their own choices and live independent lives. Palco provides technology and financial services to aid individuals and their families to thrive at home and in their communities. Palco employs over 100 people from 22 states and partners with governments and state agencies to provide various self-directed services to diverse populations. We remain committed to our fundamental mission to provide the best financial and support services to aid individuals and their families to thrive at home and in their communities.
We are a highly-organized company that offers, flexible working hours, a solid work/life balance, plenty of autonomy (no micromanagers here), generous paid time off, bonus potential and career advancement opportunities.
Job Grade Characteristics
Data Entry Specialist I:This is the entry level grade in the Data Entry grouping. Personnel of this grade perform a range of data verification and entry work. Generally, work is observed and reviewed during both perform and upon completion by senior Processing Specialist or by the Processing Manager. Changes in procedures or expectations are explained and communicated. Data Entry Specialist I are normally considered to be new to the industry with no previous knowledge or experience. Responsibilities will be assigned as knowledge and experience with Palco increases. Basic tasks include; entering data (text and alpha numeric) into the Palco software system, training on internal procedures and responsibilities, assistance in issue review and other duties. As training is completed and responsibilities are learned will be promoted to Data Entry Specialist II.
- Enters data in a timely and accurate manner to Palco software, Microsoft Office products, and internal documents.
Data may include budgetary data, billing data, timesheet data, and counseling backup form data.
- Verifies entered data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, and updating data, when necessary.
- Provides follow-up correspondence via phone or email when data contains errors or omissions.
- Maintains client confidence by safeguarding data and complying with HIPAA.
- Complies with established procedures by following corporate policy and protocol and participates in training when policy is updated.
- Contributes to Palco operations with a team-based approach in accomplishing tasks and achieving results.
- Assists with compiling information for special reports and preparing other documents and correspondence.
- Performs program support tasks and general clerical functions when applicable, such as organizing and scanning documents,
providing Quality Assurance phone calls, sorting and distributing mail, and processing results from participant satisfaction surveys.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED
- 6 months of experience inputting various types of data into a computer system
- Must be able to work 8:00am-1:00pmCST, Monday-Thursday
- Employer shared Health Insurance Cost
- Employer paid Disability Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Simple IRA with Matching
- Bonus potential
- Remote work environment
- Paid holidays
Palco, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis.