At Toysmith, we are joyful about our people and we believe our customers deserve to partner with a distributor who cares just as much about their business as they do. This joy spreads throughout our company culture so our employees can thrive which helps our customers do the same! With 40 years in business, a joyful culture, amazing benefits and a great team now is the time to start your career in the toy industry!
Are you a thinker with great communication skills who is organized and detail oriented?
All your life have you been a thinker? A practical innovator, who rolls up their sleeves with optimism and purpose to provide the highest level of customer service possible?
If you said yes to the above questions and would like to work in the toy industry, now is your chance to apply to work with us!
If you would like to be considered for this role, please:
1.submit your resume at:https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/fbd9906b-b1ad-43b5-a901-720f03463868/Toy-Investments-Inc
2.and take our short survey (approx. 10 minutes or less):https://go.apply.ci/s/SqyAdp6gGl
POSITION SUMMARY: The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for driving activities and processes needed to meet customer expectations in a wholesale environment. This will be achieved by receiving, reviewing, processing and updating customer orders. Works closely with other departments to ensure customer purchase order activities are executed efficiently and accurately. Responsibilities require multi-tasking skills, strong time management and organizational abilities, keen attention to detail, and the ability to meet milestones and deadlines. This is primarily a remote position with the flexibility for on-location work space.
- Receive, review and process customer orders received via email, company B2B website, and/or outside Sales Rep ordering software.
- Communicate with customers, Sales Reps or Regional Sales Managers concerning orders and shipments via phone, e-mail and video conferencing.
- Work collaboratively with key team members in other Toysmith departments such as Sales, Operations, Purchasing, and Shipping
- Communicate clearly and effectively with other key departments to ensure customer expectations are achieved
- Completion of duties within established deadlines
- Attention to detail and attending work as scheduled
- Must attend weekly meetings either virtually or in-person
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of combined experience, and/or education in customer service or related field
- Experience working in a sales organization, retail store or other fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects
- Comfortable working with assigned office equipment including, but not limited to, laptop, tablet or desktop computer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proficiency with Windows and Cloud-based programs
- Experience working with an ERP and/or POS system
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manual
- Good grammar, voice and diction
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous and helpful)
- Basic math skills
- Detail-oriented and accurate while working at a fast pace
- Ability to multi-task and follow through with assigned tasks
- Required to have a dedicated work area established
- Ability to keep company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that receives a high-speed internet connection or ability to leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Familiarity with Zoom and/or Microsoft Teams
- Associates/Bachelors degree OR equivalent combined education and/or years of experience
- Experience in the toy industry or related consumer packaged goods business with similar retail channel framework a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: Working conditions are normal for an office and/or remote work environment. Work involves frequent keyboarding, sitting, auditory communication, interacting with team members individually and in a team setting either in person or via Zoom/Teams, computer use, electronic communication via phone or email – including talking and hearing. Minimal lifting and standing is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This role requires a high level of concentration, visual acuity, attention to detail and accuracy. Must work in a safe manner so as to not cause injury to one’s self or others. Travel is rare to minimal with most contact with customers by phone and correspondence.