This position is responsible for sorting and recycling of clothing donations in a timely manner. This position will help maintain clothing for, Beggars for the Poor and retail stores with filling clothing request.
Essential Job Functions
- Inspect donated clothing for broken zippers, stains, pet hair, worn, wet, and other miscellaneous defects.
- Hang clothes accordingly for pricing
- Separate clothing items into gender, style, and season (ladies pants, boy’s pants, men’s pants, girl’s pants, ladies tops, men’s shirts, spring/summer, winter/fall, etc. These are just examples; there are many other categories.) Hang clothing that passes inspection for pricing.
- Bale unsellable clothing for recycling.
- All money found in clothing is property of SVDP and is donated to SVDP.
- Sort other items, such as jewelry, shoes, linens and Bric into bins and deliver them to the areas once the bins are full.
- Stock sales floor as needed.
- Fill request from stores as needed,
- Maintains regular attendance in accordance with department policy.
- Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Comply with the policies of the St. Vincent de Paul/Mission 27 Resale Employee Handbook.
- Establish effective relationships with internal and external customers and clients, and respond to their needs.
- Protects confidentiality of the Society, Mission 27 Resale, the customer and our Referral clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Keep back room clean and organized.
- Break down boxes.
- Assist coworkers, customers, and volunteers in a courteous manner
- Strong Commitment to Customer/Client Service
- Communicates Effectively
- Ability to Lead by Example
- Conduct is Ethical
- Is Dependable/Reliable
- Is Supportive of Colleagues
- Acts in Accordance with St Vincent de Paul’s Mission
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each common and essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the physical and mental demands, work environment characteristics, and knowledge, skill, and/or ability required of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be required to frequently stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, push and/or pull and talk or hear. The required weight lifted or force exerted is frequently up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds. Special vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be frequently exposed to extreme cold and heat (non-weather), and occasionally exposed to high, precarious place, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The typical noise level in the environment is moderate.
It’s helpful to have a good, general knowledge of how old something is, how it’s used, what it’s for, and what its value is. Also, knowledge of popular name brands of clothing, accessories, collectibles, etc. Must be capable of moving stock around and keeping a neat and organized work area. Very physical job with lots of bending as well as standing for long periods of time. Must be able to work at a fast pace making quick and accurate decisions.
- Posting Date:23rd Jul 2022