Civil Engineering Project Manager (Gainesville, St. Augustine, Tallahassee)
The JBPro Civil Engineering Project Manager will use their expertise to plan, direct, and coordinate engineering design projects, including pre-planning, budgeting, resource allocation, contract negotiation, and coordination of team members. The Project Manager may, on some projects, use their engineering design skills directly and contribute as a Project Engineer. Specifically, the Civil Engineering Project Manager will:
- engage clients as the primary contact on behalf of JBPro
- work with the client to coordinate schedules, resources, meetings, and other project related activities
- attend all organizational and coordination project meetings
- monitor, manage, and adjust the project schedule to meet client and JBPro goals
- manage the project team and resources assigned to the project, and ensure an efficient utilization of both
- be responsible for correlating workflow with deadlines
- create, review, and work with Administration to ensure accurate invoicing and billing for the project
- coordinate and communicate with local and state agencies to obtain appropriate permits
- be the central source of all written correspondence with clients regarding the project
- on as as-needed basis, will use their design and engineering expertise on one or more specific projects
- manage sub-consultants and associated companies working with JBPro on the project, including but not limited to Geotechnical, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Lighting, etc.
- attend Public Meetings, workshops, hearings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, preferably civil engineering
- Registered Professional Engineer highly preferred
- LEED Certification preferred
- CAPM Certification required
- PMP Certification preferred
- At least 2 years of civil engineering project management experience required
At JBPro, project management isn’t just about getting the job done on time and on budget. Of course, that’s extremely important, however, how you get the job done matters. How you lead your team, engage with the leadership team, present yourself to clients and other project stakeholders, all matters.
Our Project Managers relish the challenges inherent in the work we do for our clients as well as the leadership they provide to their teams. If you want this kind of challenge and have the fire in you to grow your leadership skills and expand your engineering horizons, then apply today.