Position Title: Medical Coder/Biller
Responsible for reading, interpreting, and coding H&P, clinical reports and other chart elements using ICD-10, CPT-4 and HCPCS coding guidelines.
- High Quality, timely coding of diagnosis and procedures for inpatient and outpatient professional claims.
- Ensure that codes are assigned correctly and sequenced appropriately as per government and insurance regulations.
- Comply with medical coding guidelines and policies
- Develop, modify, and execute company policies and procedures that affect immediate operations and may also have organization-wide impact
- Maintain effective working relationship with employees and administration, promoting teamwork.
- Actively participate in customer service initiatives, maintaining a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: AAPC CPC Certification or Equivalent in Medical Coding from an accredited institution.
EXPERIENCE: Minimal three years related experience coding physician’s claims (CMS 1500). Experience with Neurology/Surgery/Intraoperative Monitoring preferred.
- A strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Proficiency in computer skills including typing speed and accuracy
- Mathematics skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality of medical information
- Strict attention to details
- Knowledge of data entry and transcription
- Able to work independently
This is a remote, work from home position
May be occasionally subject to irregular hours
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Are you willing to work 8:00 am – 4:30 pm EST?
- Medical coding: 3 years (Required)
- Medical terminology: 3 years (Required)
- ICD-10: 3 years (Required)
- Medical Coding Certification (Required)
Work Location: Remote