The Area Doctor promotes and facilitates the delivery of consistent, efficient and clinically appropriate primary eye care by doctors of optometry employed by Physician Practices. This position performs all the responsibilities of an optometrist along with the duties listed below.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees Doctor Satisfaction and Retention in their assigned area
Performs initial onboarding, clinical orientation and mentoring for newly hired doctors
- Supports the Recruiting Department in the process of interviewing and hiring new doctors, this includes conducting practice visits for potential candidates as well as attending recruiting events.
- Conducts regular peer and chart reviews for all doctors in the district, supporting adherence to applicable clinical protocols, record-keeping requirements, and best practices for patient satisfaction.
- Completes regular, periodic office visits throughout the District.
- It is preferred that the Area Doctor practices at each location at least once annually, performing eye examinations and observing patient flow and providing input to maintain efficiencies and promote best practices, this is dependent on state licensure and district geography.
- Prepares and manages the monthly schedule for all doctors in the district, ensuring that doctor coverage is maintained at all offices
- Supports Human Resources administration involving doctors by working with District Managers or Regional Clinical Directors as appropriate to resolve issues including administrating Performance Development Plans (PDPs) to Doctors.
- Provides input regarding updates to clinical manual, related Practice documents and materials, and special projects.
- Assists with selection and development of Optometric Technicians when applicable.
- Participates in monthly calls with supervisor and/or other team members when directed.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports in a timely manner as requested by Clinical Director and Clinical Services
- Working with sponsors and Clinical Services, sets up and facilitates doctor meetings.
- Acts as the first line of contact, interaction and support with assigned doctors regarding questions, suggestions and potential issues.
- Acts as the clinical liaison between the Doctors and others, escalating issues where appropriate, while putting the needs of the patient first at all times.
- Maintains regular communications with all assigned doctors, Clinical Services, and retail brand colleagues.
- Attends in person Area Doctor meetings, Mentorships, and other district doctor meetings as planned.
- Serves as “ambassador” for their practice group by leading by example.
- Other duties as assigned
- O.D. Degree, with state license and TPA certification required
- Minimum of 2 years of practicing optometry is preferred
- Supervisory or management experience in a multi-office environment is preferred.
- Strong verbal/written communication abilities; effective interpersonal skills; strong attention to detail.
- Able to interact with and influence others effectively.
- Develops, sponsors, or supports the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures or technologies.
- Excellent organization, planning, judgement, and time management skills.
- Skill in coaching, mentoring, and training techniques and methods.
- Some travel is required.
We value and respect the unique and individual differences that everyone brings. We embrace all differences in matters of diversity, equity, and inclusion to create a place where people want to come, stay, and do their best work.
If you are curious and want to learn more, please reach out to schedule a time to visit with us.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.