Icy Strait Point, located in beautiful southeast Alaska within the Inside Passage, is currently hiring a variety of tour guides for the upcoming 2020 season. Our guiding team is outgoing, hard working and consistently goes above and beyond to ensure our guests have an exceptional Alaskan experience while in port. Providing a friendly and knowledgeable tour program is the focus of the guiding team.
Guiding positions include:
- Bike & Hike
- Kayak guide
- ATV guide
- Jeep guide
- Bear Search
- City Tour
TOUR GUIDE JOB DESCRIPTION
Location: Icy Strait Point
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct all activities and decisions according to Icy Strait Point’s guiding principles: BAP: Best, Authentic, Profitable
- Provide guests with information about the scenery, wildlife, history, culture and geography.
- Provide excellent customer service to all ISP guests
- Ensure the safety of all Guests on tours
- Participate in all required trainings
- Maintain a current First Aid/CPR certification
- Other duties as assigned
- Adequate knowledge or willingness to learn about Tlingit culture
- Must be able to learn a Tlingit Introduction
- Knowledge of the local area ( marine life, plants, animals, birds)
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must have good verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to learn, retain and present excursion information to guests in an accurate manner.
- Promote other ISP venues, distribute ISP literature and/or sell ISP merchandise
- ATV Guide must be at least 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license
Icy Strait Point is a Native-owned and operated enterprise and offers Native Preference under P.L.93- 638. Applicants must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
BENEFITS: $500 signing bonus if you commit to three months, $500 training bonus once mandatory employment training is complete and $200 per month end of season bonus if requirements are met. (no write ups or no call no shows etc.) Housing is available at $200.00 a month and food is discounted by 50%. Job Types: Full-time,
Transportation provided from Juneau to Hoonah, AK.
COVID-19 considerations: Vaccination required prior to arrival
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All employees must be fully vaccinated
- Are you fully vaccinated?
Work Location: One location