Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
Monitor and control the computerized process control systems for Mount Snow’s snowmaking operations. Must be able to effectively operate 22 vertical turbine pumps and 3 air compressors, powered by large horsepower electric motors; communicate continuously with snowmakers to ensure maximum snowmaking efficiency and insuring that intake is clear and 3 pumps are running as much as possible to fill our 120 million gallon pond. Will also be able to do maintenance of machinery, pipe and valve systems as needed.
Likely to assist on hill as a snowmaker as well.
Ideal candidate will have previous snowmaking experience and/or will be familiar with control systems, pumps, compressors, and motors.
- Starting Wage: $17 per hour
- Effective October 2022 minimum wage will be increased to $20 per hour.
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time
- Skill Level: Advanced, Control Room
- Computer Tech skills are a must
- Being flexible on working other departments when needed
- Prior snowmaking knowledge/experience is helpful
- Mechanical skills on Pumps and Compressors
- Being able to work on other instruments / hardware that are involved in snowmaking world
- Will need to manage other staff
- Manually and remotely control and monitor pumping and compressed air systems
- Relay information to the on-hill staff
- Log and track running equipment – ensure proper operation output
- Maintain cleanliness and order in the control room
- Perform maintenance and repairs
- Report equipment issues to Supervisor or Manager
- Must be 21 and able to meet Mount snow’s driving standards
- Travel to remote pumping stations during your shift
- Able to lift 50-100lbs.
- Hiking skills
- Ability to work in cold weather
- Being flexible and reliable
- Must have great safe work ethics and standards
The budgeted range starts at $17.00. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 421467