The Accounting Clerk is responsible for ensuring that homeowners are properly billed, homeowner payments are properly applied in a timely manner and vendor invoices are properly posted and paid in a timely manner
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job functions.
- Process billing to homeowner accounts in accordance with each association’s billing schedule.
- Process, verify, and post check payments to the appropriate homeowner account, association account, or company account.
- Make account adjustments and research and resolve account discrepancies at the request of the Client.
- Maintain an accurate billing system for all Clients throughout the year.
- Pull lockbox payments daily and verify payments are posted correctly to the appropriate account ledgers.
- Process late fees and send late notes upon approval of the Manager.
- Process returned payments by updating account ledgers and preparing notification letters.
- Process and bill special assessments to homeowners at the request of the Manager.
- Review submitted coupons for accuracy, working with the Manger to resolve any discrepancies.
- Review vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Prioritize invoices for payment.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Provide backup support to accounting team members as needed or assigned.
- Assist with cashflow management of Clients.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
TOP SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES:
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Proficient Computer Skills.
- Strong Mathematical Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Problem Solving Skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required Education and Experience:
- Work experience should include a minimum of two years’ experience in an office administration role, preferably in an accounting or bookkeeping role.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Accounting experience in Community Association or Property Management preferred.
- Experience with TOPS/Vantaca/Cinc or AppFolio software system preferred.
- Associates degree in Business, Accounting, or a related field (Required).
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location