We are a growing self storage management company looking to expand our back-office operations.
We are looking for an accountant to handle the following:
- Reconcile income and expenses daily, or every few days
- Coordinate and keep W9 on file
- Set up/transfer accounts with utility companies
- Confirm work has been completed and process payables
- Files sales tax returns
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Use Quickbooks to perform monthly accounting process (record income, expenses, and reconcile)
- Prepare monthly financial statements
The ideal candidate will understand:
- Cash v Accrual accounting
- Set up new companies on Quickbooks
- Clean up accounting for new companies
- Communicate with our staff to understand if work was performed before processing invoices
- Don’t mind repetitive work. It’s accounting. So it’s groundhog day.
- Comfortable questioning systems and processes and helping design the ideal workflow for efficiency. There is no ego in this company! Let’s work smarter, not harder.
We manage 50 properties nationwide and are adding more every day. This role is managing the accounting function for our customers as part of our management process.
NOT SO BORING DETAILS
This is a full-time job – 35-40 hrs during business hours. We are open to meeting in person in Ooltewah or having someone remote. We want someone who can communicate with us and staff but is also comfortable working alone to get the tasks completed… you know how accounting is…. it’s a quiet gig. You need to have a good computer and quality internet. Check us out at atomicstoragegroup.com
SUPER BORING DETAILS
Other duties as assigned
- The position requires you to work alone.
- Applicants who can manage their time, perform their work without supervision, and support and assist customers with professionalism will be considered.
REAALLY BORING DETAILS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to sit and stand for long
periods. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers to
operate equipment, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee
is also required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with feet, hands, and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary with the worksite environment.
YOU ARE STILL READING THIS? WAY TO GO!
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties
to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees
will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform
any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give
instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential
functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job
successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to
perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals
who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of
themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the
minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not
create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?
- Describe how you handled a time when you had to record an accounting entry but didn’t quite understand how to handle it.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote