Thompson First Group is seeking Machine Operators for temporary to hire opportunities for a local client in Wilmington, DE.
Candidates with a background working in production, manufacturing, or working as a machine operator are encouraged to apply.
Description of Duties/Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
- Safely and effectively operate and monitor blowmolding machines and equipment used in the production of products.
- Perform quality control checks in accordance with company policy and procedures, and ensure production meets quality standards at all times.
- Perform machine start-up, shut down, changeovers, and clean up; ensure all production materials are readily available.
- Coordinate production, sometimes monitoring multiple production lines at once.
- Provide guidance to team members as appropriate.
- Collect and properly record production and quality data.
- Adjust operations machines and equipment as needed to correct quality and production issues.
- Perform equipment changes as indicated by the production schedule.
- Perform minor adjustments and routine maintenance; assist as needed with preventative maintenance and major repair work.
- Work with others as a team and help in training of new associates.
- Maintain good house keeping and regularly clean work area, machines, and equipment.
- Identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
- Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
Thompson First Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical ormental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location